Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Engagement Photo Shoot

When I first told my mom that Kyle and I had scheduled engagement photos, she expressed her surprise that this is a common occurrence in modern wedding planning. Granted, like all holidays nowadays, the commercial aspects of weddings have seemed to increase, despite this I have been really excited to get some professional photos taken. I believe that having a memento of our relationship at this moment will be something we find we cherish in the future.

I am so glad that this is a trend, because I truly enjoyed every minute of our engagement photo session with Renee Clancy. First, we somehow convinced her to accompany us to Sedona so we'd have a unique and beautiful Southwest backdrop. Second, she agreed to climb down rocky embankments to get our photo in the middle of Oak Creek. Third, the 2-hour drive there and back flew by with our endless storytelling. It was a perfect day, sunny and calm, full of laughter.

We chose multiple backdrops, from the river with fall colored trees in the background, to the red rock walls of Sedona, to the setting sun. Ironically, my parents had traveled to Sedona years ago, when I was in high school, and found the Church of the Holy Cross. They came home and told me that they found the place where I should get married. Even though the 12-person capacity won't be enough for our guest list, we took our shots overlooking the red rocks from this location. It is crazy that time and fate have led to me moving to Arizona and meeting Kyle, and now getting our engagement pictures in the exact location my parents found over ten years ago.

We were a bit rushed to take pictures with the setting sun having hit traffic coming into the city. Renee was calm, creative, and positive throughout the entire experience, helping me to keep calm and enjoy the day. I simply cannot wait until I can get the pictures and share them with everyone!

from www.azjerome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...