Monday, September 5, 2011

Prioritizing

The ironic part about this post is that I am prioritizing a new blog post over the pile of grading again, but I can't help myself after such a relaxing 3-day weekend of wedding planning!

Speaking of wedding planning, this post is dedicated to the art of prioritizing. Many wedding magazines and websites tell you to rank your budget according to what you care the most about. We certainly have to take that into account as we are looking for vendors for our wedding. I want to note, however, that sometimes the budget can be altered to fit what you really care about for your wedding. I care a heck of a lot more about photography and location than other things like bouquets, so I am currently working on securing a photographer so I can have the dream wedding pictures I've always wanted. Cost cannot come between me and amazing photographs to always remember our destination wedding!

Being an amateur bride is not my only passion. I am also an amateur photographer. I have personally taken all the images on this blog so far. I pride myself in capturing candid moments and little details at others' weddings and special occasions. Because I have to hand over all control of photography at my OWN wedding, I want only the best!

So, when it comes to my priorities, it is pretty obvious that I am going to invest a lot of my web-surfing time on scoping out photographers' websites (I started from day 1 of this engagement). The cool side effect of this is that I have also found my venue by looking at beautiful photographs of other weddings held there. I have found inspiration for poses, dresses, backgrounds, flowers, and cakes as well! So, brides, it is well worth you investment of time to look for the perfect photographer to capture your most special of days!

Want to get started? Try some of these favorites:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...