Monday, September 12, 2011

A Full Color Palette

"Envision your dream wedding, what will your dress look like? What will your colors be? What decorations will adorn your tables?"

Is it wrong of me to say that "I don't envision anything in particular?" Ok, I do envision some details, maybe most, but I am not in love with any 2 colors for "my colors", or feel the need for any certain type of flower (although I am not the biggest fan of sunflowers). I am a highly creative person, and some would say I am an anal retentive perfectionist, but this is where I am more comfortable letting some professionals work their magic. I would actually love to walk into my wedding and be surprised by the details that adorn the room.

Ah, who am I kidding, I am a bride. That means I get to be the picky one. And Kyle certainly does NOT care about flowers or bridesmaids' dress colors. He just keeps asking for Jack Daniels and a juggler. (Apparently our wedding itself is not all that exciting, he wants entertainment).

When people ask me what my colors are, I just say "Fall". Use your imagination, but I envision reds, maroons, cinnamon, burnt orange, tangelo, golden, all shades of brown, some dark purple, and perhaps some green. I want my wedding to look like the forest I no longer get to live in, or see every year in September turn to brilliant shades of varying jewel tones. The hard part is narrowing this down to certain shades to choose a color theme for the wedding. Why not have the whole darn color palette?

See some of my inspiration from surfing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...