Sunday, September 18, 2011

Designer Dresses



I know I am not the only person out there who has humbly accepted that I have no personal fashion sense. I see some of my girl friends' outfits and wonder how in the world they can just find stuff THAT cute off the rack in any store. I read some fashion blogs and realize that I cannot AFFORD to look that good. So when it comes down to finding an ideal wedding dress, I guess what I first need to find is my true inner fashion diva.

I originally imagined myself in the most plain and boring white gown. Something simple but timeless. I didn't want to spend too much on a dress that had a label when I could get a replica for half the cost. I also wanted clean cut styles so I could look back on my wedding photos in 40 years and not be embarrassed about the "trendy" puffy sleeved dress with the giant butt bow (not a dig on the 80's, not at all...)

I, however, upon looking through the endless pile of bridal magazines (see previous post) and the online searching through every wedding dress store and designer website I could find, have come to the conclusion that I have no clue what my dress should or will look like. I am hoping that when I go to my first dress store appointment in 3 weeks, I will get a fabulous consultant who just knows what to put on me that will look awesome. I am mostly looking forward to getting to play dress up for a few hours with my sisters, mom, and close friends. I feel like I am not mentally ready for dress shopping, but at the same time I am kind of hoping that I find what I want the first time so I can stop stressing about it.

On a final note, my dress will not have any feathers attached, will not have a hoop skirt, and will have a maximum train length of 3 feet if I get my way! At least I can tell the stylist what I don't want to see in my outdoor, Colorado wedding.

Here is my favorite from blog surfing so far:
From Weddingchicks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...