Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Lovely Planner


Johnna herself!


Today I officially submitted our contract for our weekend-of planner, Johnna ('John-ah'), who I am very excited to have help me out on the weekend of the wedding. I did not know the options that were available for wedding planners prior to actually meeting with a couple and discussing the options. Although I am probably a bit too much of a perfectionist to completely let go of all the planning, I was more than excited to find that having a person coordinate the actual weekend is extremely reasonable in price, and will save me, what I hope to be, loads of stress and last minute snafus will go unnoticed.

As I believe I mentioned before, I met with this wonderous woman when I first went to Colorado after my engagement. She suggested a meeting at my absolute favorite coffee shop/bakery in all of Colorado, Blue Moon. It was fate. Then, when Kyle and I returned to Colorado for a second planning trip, we suggested a restaurant we had never been to in Frisco, but that was recommended by some locals, and it was HER favorite. Fate. She got the job when she sat through breakfast and completely put up with Kyle's requests for a juggler and his threat that there may be some debauchery occurring throughout the evening. Not only did she put up with it, but sarcastically egged him on! So if Kyle and Johnna can get along, I know I am set.

What I am most excited about is the list of tasks she will take care of for the weekend, anything from planning out an itinerary for our out-of-town guests (everyone) full of fun mountain activities to occupy their time, and getting all the place cards, table cards, centerpieces etc... before the wedding, so I don't have to be decorating when I should be pampering myself the morning of the wedding!

So Johnna, if you read this, we are more than excited to have you as a part of our day and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...