Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's All About Location...

I am ecstatic! Our official contract is signed and we have a venue! What a happy Labor Day Weekend treat.

To add to the joy, I awoke this morning to find out that my bridesmaid and best friend had given birth to her firstborn son, Arthur. I couldn't help but feel the urge to write about how happy and exciting this time is going to be for her and her husband, even if this is my wedding page.  Congratulations to Jenna! I'll look into investing in a tux, size 12-months, for next fall! :)

Back to our venue, I want to discuss why we decided on it.  Donovan Pavilion, in Vail, CO, just called to me from the first time I saw a picture of it online. The picture was on a professional photographer's website, and the picture showed a lit up, vaulted ceiling through the tall windows of a wooden chalet-like structure, with the silhouette of the bride and groom in front of the lit windows. It screamed "ski chalet" to me, and "Colorado romance" at the same time. This is precisely what I wanted to find when I set out on a quest for a destination wedding venue.

At first I wanted a view to die for, with mountains or a lake or waterfall, you name it. Then I decided that the pictures of our wedding party can be taken anywhere, so I wanted a convenient facility with surrounding activities available for guests. I am hoping that deciding to have the ceremony and reception in the same location will both cut down on costs and also make the travel for our out-of-states guests a bit more convenient.

Finally, it came down to freedom. Donovan allows us to bring in whichever caterer we want, and to purchase our own alcohol and hire a server, saving us more money. We have one large room to set up as we want, and although the venue lacks a bridal suite, we rented a home nearby as a family, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Things are getting moving. But for now I am just enjoying surfing the web to find all the possible ways to decorate and make the venue fit our personality even more.

Here is a sneak peak of the interior.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...