Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wishing today...

I wish for more fun traditions with Kyle after we get married (perhaps starting with the wedding day!) like the one we just partook in this past evening- attending concerts together!

Back in the day when I was in high school, I fell in love (kind of literally) with live music. My first major boyfriend was a base player. Attending his concerts in coffee shops with twenty people in attendance was my gateway into a much deeper passion for live music that I now feel.

Fast forward to meeting Kyle, we found that we both shared this love for music and we have the same taste in bands. (Ok, maybe he won't go see Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga with me, but Incubus or Dave, no problem!). Kyle and I have now attended nearly twenty live shows over our relationship, from local shows at Tempe Town Lake, to destinations like Red Rocks.

Last night, we attended our 7th O.A.R. concert together. Kyle's is the true fan, having followed them since before college, but he has turned me into just as big a fan throughout our time together. I remember him picking me up in his red Honda Accord with the gray door and key that wouldn't ever come out of the ignition, listening to O.A.R. CDs on repeat, and soon after I had memorized the entire song "Crazy Game of Poker" (or just "Poker" to true fans).

So here's to one of my favorite traditions so far. It is these shared experiences that make our relationship unique and special to us, and that help us keep our dates fun and exciting! I believe this wish for more fun traditions will come true for us!

O.A.R. at the Marquee in Tempe

Mumford and Sons Railroad Revival Tour- April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...